Κυριακή 31 Αυγούστου 2014

My first cultural shock in Sweden

When you visit a new country it's inevitable that soon or later you will have a cultural shock. A cultural shock usually "hits" when you face a situation or a custom that works totally different from what you are used to. So in the following lines I will describe what was my first shock here in Sweden. Unfortunately I don't have a camera so it's impossible to give you a photo of what I mean but I will let your imagination to recreate my experience.
If I am not mistaken in about two weeks time there parlamentary elections in Sweden. This is quite obvious as in a very central square of Uppsala some kiosks of political parties are situated. Well, one day while I was wandering in the city centre I came across a political gathering. Up till now everything seems to be normal...
The politicians talking to the crown were from the right wing and the beliefs they expressed were xenophobic, against the immigrants. Therefore there were many people present, maybe the majority of the crowd, who were against these politicians. And how they expressed their opposition? They stood showing their backs to the politicians and some of them, the most passionate, were also showing their middle finger to the men who were talking while listening to them!
That scene made me huge impression as in Greece all political gatherings are usually attended (almost exclusively) by people who are in favour of the party organising them. Here in Sweden the game seems to be more interactive, perhaps too interactive but this is something I enjoy!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου